Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Loss of a Loved One

Just recently I lost someone very dear to me. My grandmother went into the hospital approximately two and a half weeks ago and never came home. My aunt took her to the hospital because her stomach was real swoll as if she were nine months pregnant, but my aunt said she was probably just impact. She was 85 years old, but got around good for her age and sure didn't look it. However, when she got to the hospital, they couldn't figure out what was wrong with her, so they began to run tests. Three days later, we found out for sure that she had stage 4 Ovarian Cancer and it was spreading fast. She kept in good spirits though, but she didn't have an appetite and starting getting even weaker. I stayed with her just about every night and she told me things she wanted if anything happened to her. I told her I couldn't promise that it would get done, but that I would let everyone know. On Friday, they called the family in and didn't think she would make it through the night. She held on until Sunday when she passed at 2:05 p.m. This was hard for everyone. We had went to my aunt's house and let all the immediate children be with her. I was in the room when my father died, and I didn't think I could handle seeing that again. At my aunt's house, we were all sitting there talking and a bird flew by the door. This was really wierd because it got real dark outside for a few minutes. My aunt started crying and said grandma had just passed, and five minutes later, the phone rang. She had passed. It's really hard losing a loved one, and i know it's a natural experience in life. I try to think positive things like she's in a better place now, but it doesn't always work. A word to the wise, you never know what's gonna happen so make good with your family while they are here, and get a will made out. Now, my cousin who has lived with my granda and taken care of her all his life might be without a place to live, because him and another aunt of mine didn't get along, and the trailor they stayed in belonged to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment