Monday, April 6, 2009

College

My name is Lori Starr, and I have attended Georgia College and State University, Central Georgia Technical College, and now Macon State College. Never in my life have I seen such a community college try to be like Stanford. I mean it's a freaking community college, and I just can't understand why the teachers make it so hard on the students. Especially, when the teachers don't get paid very good.
I understand teachers have to do their job, but why be hard on the students when they barely make enough to survive. Anybody with any common sense would not do their best performance at a job if their was nothing compensating them for that. Macon State College is the hardest college I've attended yet, and I chose MSC because I thought it would be a little easier that a university, but obviously seem to forget this is a community college for people who have to work and go to school because they can't afford to go to a good college somewhere.
Many people say they teach because they enjoy it, and that's perfectly understandable. However, if a teacher really loved their job, they would not deliberately make things hard on the students. It seems as if teachers forget they once went to college and i can guarantee the classes they took weren't nearly as heard as the ones they teach. I just can't understand people who say they enjoy teaching, but in all honesty love to see people fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment