Thursday, February 26, 2009

What is your favorite holiday? Why?

There are many holidays in which I enjoy, but I would have to say my favorite holiday is Christmas. I like Christmas because I get to spend time with my family, get presents, and honor Jesus Christ's birthday.
During Christmas I enjoy spending time with my family. We all get together at my grandmother's house, and I get to see people that I haven't seen in awhile. We each contribute by bringing a dish. Since Christmas is so close to Thanksgiving, we have appetizers instead of soul cooking. After we all talk for a little while, we say the blessing and eat.
Once we are done eating, we open presents. At thanksgiving we draw names, but my grandmother and granddaddy don't get in the drawing, which is good cause they give each of the grand kids three hundred dollars a piece, woo hoo! Also, everybody buys for all the young kids. My grandmother likes to see what everyone gets so we have to open presents one at a time.
Last but not least, people sometimes forget the main reason of Christmas. Christmas isn't all about presents. The main reason for Christmas is to celebrate Jesus's Birthday. Many people forget the main reason for Christmas. At my grandmother's house, the first thing we do is acknowledge the fact of why we are celebrating Christmas as a holiday.
Overall, Christmas is my favorite holiday. Many people forget the true meaning of Christmas and take it to the extreme as they do everything. However, I will always remember the Jesus's birthday and the sacrifice he made for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment