Tuesday, March 3, 2009

If your doctor told you that you had only a few months to live, how would you alter your way of life? Discuss.

People go through never knowing what the next day may bring, which is why my motto has always been "live your life to the fullest each and every day." If my doctor were to tell me tomorrow that I only had a few months to live, I would quit school and live the remainder of my life stress free. I would go places that I have always wanted to see, and I would spend all my time with family and friends.
If I only had a few months to live, the first thing I would do is quit school. Why continue to stress about something that is not even going to matter? If I am going to die before I finish, I would feel like it is waste of time and energy. Instead of studying and worrying, I would be having fun and enjoying the time I have left with the people I care about.
With only a few months to live, I would not worry about financial situations anymore. I would go all the places I have always dreamed of going. A trip around the world would be great, but I highly doubt there would be enough time for all of that, so I would settle for cruises, Hawaii, and wherever else there's a lot of sun. I would let go of all of my insecurities and just have fun.
Last, but definitely not least, I would surround myself with my family and friends. I would show each and every one of my family members how much I loved them. Also, I would make things right with the side of my family in which I don't communicate with much. I would spend the rest of my days with the ones who make me smile.
If I were on my death bed I would quit school, travel, and spend time with family and friends. You never know what the next day may bring, and really you should not wait until the doctor tells you there's only a couple of months left to live. While you are alive and well, you should make the most of life, and let the ones who are important in life know how much they mean to you.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for shearing about this I thinks its very hopeful post and very important post for us. Thanks for your great and helpful presentation I like your good service.I always appreciate your post.
    your doctor

    ReplyDelete