Thursday, January 29, 2009

Is it better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all? Discuss.

Is it better to have love and lost than never to have loved at all? In my opinion, the answer to this question is yes. I have been in a quite a few relationships, but I have only been in love twice. In both of these situations, i ended up getting hurt both times, but I will never regret it. Not only did it teach me a few things about love and life, it made me strive harder to raise my standards. Eventually, i realized that maybe it wasn't me, it was the crazy men i was choosing.
Today, I have been in a relationship for five months so far. I have never been treated better. I was able to find such a good man because of the bad ones I have had. Two years ago, I was in an abusive relationship, but I learned from it. Now, my friends tell me I'm too picky. By being in these bad relationships, it helped me realize that if I wasn't happy where I was at, then i'm better off alone.
So my answer to this question is yes. The saying "you live and you learn" is so true, at least for me it was. Of course you always have those who just never learn, but I did. If it weren't for the past love lessons though, I would never know what real love is. Real love is what i have found now.

No comments:

Post a Comment